The Field Operations Manager is responsible for Managing the telecom Network Operations objectives in the field, which includes performing preventative & Corrective maintenance End to End responsibility, Health & Safety Audit, Spare Part Management , keeping of site and test equipment inventories and managing the vendors and 3rd party suppliers.
FLM will also be responsible for Site Auditing ,Zero Snag in the sites ,Site Access, Acceptance of New Service process, Vendor and Sub Con Management ,Contract management, Contractor Management, Core & Data Centre Management ,Spare Part Management ,Warehouse, Inventory & EHS Management.
The incumbent will also perform audits as required and is responsible for the quality of the field data and will complete the collection and maintenance of data about assigned physical assets to ensure an accurate, up-to-date database.
Missions du poste
- Job nature is 60% Field
- Responsible for Inconsistencies Checks, Packet Throughput, Parameter changes & Physical changes.
- Responsible for testing the radio performance for the newly integrated sites.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the FLM, ensures that work processes are implemented as designed and comply with established standards and procedures.
- Lead in the setting of standards and goals for FLM operations
- Establish key metrics for monitoring quality system effectiveness and to drive higher standards of quality execution
- Review customer purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in the plans
- Participate in internal and external quality audits as required.
- Monitor and control expenses related to operation work and ensure organizational forecasts and budgets are met .
- Ensure safety standards and procedures are implemented and followed in accordance with contract requirements and Company guidelines.
- Contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of processes and practices .
- Be involved in trial projects for new products & features.
- Act as a mentor for the younger engineers.
- Develop Complete preventive maintenance schedule, and validate reports sent by Vendor to reflect the actual performance in the monthly invoicing
- Ensure complete compliance for all Network assets.
- Identify and ensure that major inspection discrepancies are reported appropriately and corrected in a timely manner.
- Respond quickly and effectively to resolve various trouble tickets, monitoring system and network performance issues in accordance with applicable policies, standards and procedures. And Comply with and perform quality assurance programs.
- Serve on a rotational on-call schedule for emergency repairs and maintenance and Insure satisfactory completion of work by subcontractors and internal crews.
- SPOC for E2E operational Acceptance & Quality.
- Minimum 8 Years of experience in Field Operation with telecom
- Minimum of 5 years optimization & Planning experience for GSM and GPRS or UMTS
- Minimum 3 years with vendors (Ericsson, Nokia, Huawei, ALU, ZTE)
- Minimum Experience of 4 Years in telecom infra like cow, infra tower structures ,Utility management etc.
- From a telecom background ( BSS, Trans, NSS)
- Must have experience in Spare part management, Acceptance and Data Center Maintenance.
- Good knowledge of OSHA requirements applicable to the Telecom industry.
- Strong follow-up skills; ability to organize applicable department timelines and follow up with internal and external customer needs
- Expert on DC Power system & Facilities such as rectifiers, Battery banks ,inverters, ups, dc power load distribution ,protection devices & Technique, Generator etc.
- H&S Certified preferred.
- Graduate in Electronics and communication\E&E\CS\Diploma in E&C ,E&E
- Ability to use the following tools: Atoll, Probe,assistant, Tems Investigation, & MapInfo, Actix, etc…
- Excellent knowledge of the field of 2G/3G/4G radio communication and optimization (5G is a plus)
- Strong command of the English language, Arabic and French language knowledge will be considered as an advantage
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (team work, knowledge sharing, commitments)
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Able to work under high pressure